Monday, September 26, 2005

Goodbye Mr. Wise


Robert Wise, legendary film director of The Day the Earth Stood Still, West Side Story and the editor of Citizen Kane died at the age of 91 last week. I had the distinct honor of meeting Mr. Wise at a Los Angeles film workshop in 1996. He agreed to make a cameo appearance in my forthcoming documentary "Maverick in Disguise"

Although many industry insiders claim that Mr. Wise didn't have a signature style, he was a chameleon, directing films in many genres--horror (The Haunting), sci-fi (Star Trek: The Motion Picture), musicals, dramas, and comedies.

1 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Start your own ACL blog
ACL Festival Web Logs You've stumbled upon an interesting and exciting experiment in American journalism.
I'm glad I ran across your blog. It's very good. I like it.

Sonny M.

I have a related site that focuses on symptom of depression you may like too...It pretty much covers symptom of depression related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home